Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded 0.3% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 1 day period ending at 21:00 PM E.T. on June 18th. One Litecoin coin can currently be purchased for about $134.24 or 0.01466125 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including BitFlip, Binance, SouthXchange and BitMarket. Litecoin has a total market capitalization of $8.36 billion and $3.75 billion worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. Over the last week, Litecoin has traded 2.4% lower against the U.S. dollar.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded down 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0031 or 0.00000034 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 7.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00002032 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded down 2.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0090 or 0.00000099 BTC.
- NEXT (NET) traded up 11.5% against the dollar and now trades at $1.11 or 0.00012140 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded down 2.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0972 or 0.00001061 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 5.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0592 or 0.00000646 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded up 1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.12 or 0.00001297 BTC.
- TTC Protocol (TTC) traded down 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.11 or 0.00001159 BTC.
- Lightning Bitcoin (LBTC) traded 2.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $4.84 or 0.00052830 BTC.
- Linkey (LKY) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.32 or 0.00003464 BTC.
Litecoin Coin Profile
Litecoin is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. It launched on October 13th, 2011. Litecoin’s total supply is 62,286,150 coins. Litecoin’s official website is litecoin.com. The official message board for Litecoin is litecointalk.io. The Reddit community for Litecoin is /r/litecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Litecoin’s official Twitter account is @LitecoinProject and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “- Faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) – Scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm – 84 million litecoins – Higher transaction volume than Bitcoin – MIT/X11 license”
Buying and Selling Litecoin
Litecoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: YoBit, BiteBTC, Ovis, IDCM, Bitstamp, Koinim, OKCoin International, SouthXchange, CryptoBridge, Liquid, Kucoin, Gatecoin, Bittylicious, BitMarket, Bitbank, C-Patex, Coinsquare, TDAX, Cryptohub, CoinsBank, BTC Trade UA, ChaoEX, Lykke Exchange, Instant Bitex, Covesting, DSX, LakeBTC, Liqui, CPDAX, Exrates, RightBTC, Independent Reserve, Koinex, Coindeal, Vebitcoin, Kuna, Negocie Coins, ZB.COM, QuadrigaCX, BitBay, Bitlish, C2CX, BCEX, Trade By Trade, Mercado Bitcoin, WEX, FCoin, Zebpay, BitFlip, Bitmaszyna, Coinone, WazirX, HitBTC, Coinbase Pro, Bleutrade, Coinroom, Bittrex, ABCC, Stocks.Exchange, TOPBTC, Altcoin Trader, LBank, Graviex, CoinTiger, Bitbns, EXX, Huobi, Poloniex, Bitfinex, Bitso, OKCoin.cn, Nanex, BitForex, BL3P, Buda, OTCBTC, BtcTurk, Cryptopia, LocalTrade, BTC Markets, COSS, Crex24, Bithesap, BX Thailand, Trade Satoshi, Bits Blockchain, BitcoinTrade, DOBI trade, Bithumb, OKEx, Cryptomate, Koineks, Kraken, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, CoinFalcon, Bitsane, xBTCe, BTC-Alpha, Livecoin, Mercatox, TradeOgre, DigiFinex, Binance, BigONE, Upbit, Coinsuper, DragonEX, Indodax, BTCC, HBUS, QBTC, CoinExchange, Fatbtc, CoinEgg, OpenLedger DEX, Tripe Dice Exchange, Coinbe, Gate.io, Bibox, C-CEX, Coinut, Stellarport, CoinEx, Korbit, MBAex, LiteBit.eu, B2BX, Bitinka, Bit-Z, GOPAX, BtcTrade.im, Braziliex, Exmo, Sistemkoin, Iquant, Cobinhood and CoinBene. Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using US dollars directly can do so using Changelly, GDAX or Coinbase.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.