Skycoin (CURRENCY:SKY) traded down 12.4% against the US dollar during the 1-day period ending at 14:00 PM ET on May 4th. One Skycoin coin can now be purchased for about $3.18 or 0.00005875 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges. Skycoin has a total market capitalization of $63.62 million and $6.03 million worth of Skycoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last week, Skycoin has traded up 2% against the US dollar.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- XRP (XRP) traded 12.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.39 or 0.00002567 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded down 0% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00001847 BTC.
- Polkadot (DOT) traded down 6% against the dollar and now trades at $35.37 or 0.00065320 BTC.
- Filecoin (FIL) traded down 10.9% against the dollar and now trades at $143.80 or 0.00265573 BTC.
- Klaytn (KLAY) traded down 4.5% against the dollar and now trades at $2.31 or 0.00004258 BTC.
- Wrapped BNB (WBNB) traded 7.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $627.33 or 0.01158573 BTC.
- THORChain (RUNE) traded up 4% against the dollar and now trades at $17.16 or 0.00031683 BTC.
- Kusama (KSM) traded 7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $394.37 or 0.00728332 BTC.
- Bitcoin BEP2 (BTCB) traded 6.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $54,241.85 or 1.00175568 BTC.
- KnoxFS (old) (KFX) traded up 4.3% against the dollar and now trades at $19.25 or 0.00049793 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Skycoin is a cryptocurrency written from scratch in Golang. It does not use PoW nor PoS and relies instead on Obelisk, a network consensus algorithm, replaces both PoW and PoS with a web of trust. Skycoin is focused on core features, security, usability and simplifying Bitcoin instead of adding features as a marketing gimmick. Understanding the Skycoin Supply and Distribution here “
Buying and Selling Skycoin
It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Skycoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Skycoin should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Skycoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Skycoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Skycoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.