Filecoin (CURRENCY:FIL) traded 2.8% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 1-day period ending at 8:00 AM Eastern on January 15th. Filecoin has a market capitalization of $4.37 billion and $359.78 million worth of Filecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last seven days, Filecoin has traded 6.1% lower against the U.S. dollar. One Filecoin coin can now be bought for about $29.54 or 0.00069044 BTC on exchanges.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Tether (USDT) traded 0% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00002338 BTC.
- XRP (XRP) traded 1.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.77 or 0.00001806 BTC.
- Polkadot (DOT) traded 1.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $27.08 or 0.00063291 BTC.
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) traded 0.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Internet Computer (ICP) traded up 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $32.25 or 0.00075377 BTC.
- Lido stETH (STETH) traded 1.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3,284.65 or 0.07676599 BTC.
- stETH (Lido) (STETH) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $3,479.19 or 0.06807369 BTC.
- Bitcoin BEP2 (BTCB) traded up 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $42,701.16 or 0.99797455 BTC.
- Toncoin (TONCOIN) traded up 5% against the dollar and now trades at $3.62 or 0.00008460 BTC.
- Klaytn (KLAY) traded up 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1.39 or 0.00003238 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Filecoin is a decentralized storage network that turns cloud storage into an algorithmic market. The market runs on a blockchain with a native protocol token (also called “Filecoin”), which miners earn by providing storage to clients. Conversely, clients spend Filecoin hiring miners to store or distribute data. Filecoin miners compete to mine blocks with sizable rewards, but Filecoin mining power is proportional to active storage, which directly provides a useful service to clients. “
Filecoin Coin Trading
It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Filecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Filecoin should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Filecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Filecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Filecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.