Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 3.7% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 1-day period ending at 16:00 PM E.T. on May 14th. Dogecoin has a market cap of $11.58 billion and approximately $891.95 million worth of Dogecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Dogecoin coin can now be bought for about $0.0873 or 0.00000297 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges. Over the last seven days, Dogecoin has traded down 32.2% against the U.S. dollar.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- DEI (DEI) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.99 or 0.00003386 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded down 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $5.03 or 0.00017126 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded down 3.2% against the dollar and now trades at $67.11 or 0.00228611 BTC.
- SpaceMine (MINE) traded 5.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00003399 BTC.
- EAC (EAC) traded 5.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.84 or 0.00006259 BTC.
- Hellenic Coin (HNC) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $3.68 or 0.00010892 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded 5.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00000687 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 5.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00000597 BTC.
- ConstitutionDAO (PEOPLE) traded down 4.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0159 or 0.00000054 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded 5.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0047 or 0.00000016 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “A Bitcoin clone that has reached success through clever marketing. Over the past year well over a hundred new cryptocurrencies have been created but not many have instantly carved out a niche. Dogecoin has sponsored multiple high profile events such as Nascar teams and the winter Olympics – even so, there are few locations to use the coin – and instead, it has become a de facto internet tipping currency. The coin has produced 100 billion units by the end of 2014 and is now producing roughly 5 billion units per year. Blockchain data provided by: Blockchair (Main Source), DogeChain (Backup), and WhatToMine (Block Reward and Time only) “
Buying and Selling Dogecoin
It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Dogecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Dogecoin should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Dogecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Dogecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Dogecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.