TerraUSD (UST) traded up 8.5% against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 15:00 PM E.T. on May 22nd. TerraUSD has a market capitalization of $665.31 million and approximately $78.38 million worth of TerraUSD was traded on exchanges in the last day. One TerraUSD coin can currently be bought for $0.0590 or 0.00000196 BTC on popular exchanges. In the last week, TerraUSD has traded 65.4% lower against the U.S. dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- DeFiChain (DFI) traded up 2.5% against the dollar and now trades at $2.63 or 0.00008765 BTC.
- Elastos (ELA) traded up 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $1.95 or 0.00006488 BTC.
- MATH (MATH) traded up 1.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.13 or 0.00000447 BTC.
- ILCOIN (ILC) traded 0.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0056 or 0.00000019 BTC.
- NerveNetwork (NVT) traded up 5.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0158 or 0.00000052 BTC.
- BitCanna (BCNA) traded up 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0197 or 0.00000067 BTC.
- OTOCASH (OTO) traded up 0% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0899 or 0.00000299 BTC.
- ZYX (ZYX) traded 24.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0252 or 0.00000083 BTC.
- ASYAGRO (ASY) traded down 23.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0364 or 0.00000121 BTC.
- Props Token (PROPS) traded 37.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0028 or 0.00000009 BTC.
TerraUSD Coin Profile
hashing algorithm. It launched on September 12th, 2020. TerraUSD’s total supply is 11,278,951,456 coins. TerraUSD’s official Twitter account is @terra_money and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official website for TerraUSD is terra.money. The official message board for TerraUSD is medium.com/terra-money.
According to CryptoCompare, “Terra aims to build a new financial infrastructure that works better for everyone. The network is powered by a family of stablecoins, each pegged to major fiat currencies all algorithmically stabilized by Terra’s native token, Luna. Terra’s mission is to set money free by building open financial infrastructure. Luna, as the native staking asset from which the family of Terra stablecoins derives their stability, utility, and value, acts both as collateral for the entire Terra economy and as a staking token that secures the PoS network. Luna can be held and traded like a normal crypto asset, but can also be staked to accrue rewards in the network generated from transaction fees. Luna can also be used to make and vote on governance proposals. The family of Terra stablecoins is designed to achieve stability through consistent mining rewards with a contracting and expanding money supply. For example, if the system has detected that the price of a Terra currency has deviated from its peg, it applies pressure to normalize the price. Currently, the family of Terra stablecoins includes: KRT (Terra stablecoin pegged to Korean Won), UST (Terra stablecoin pegged to US Dollar), MNT (Terra stablecoin pegged to Mongolian Togrog), SDR (Terra stablecoin pegged to IMF SDR), with more being added in the future. “
Buying and Selling TerraUSD
It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as TerraUSD directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire TerraUSD should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase TerraUSD using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for TerraUSD Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for TerraUSD and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.