Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Royal Gold (NASDAQ: RGLD):
- 1/13/2023 – Royal Gold had its price target raised by analysts at National Bankshares, Inc. from $120.00 to $150.00. They now have a “sector perform” rating on the stock.
- 1/13/2023 – Royal Gold had its price target raised by analysts at National Bank Financial from C$120.00 to C$150.00.
- 1/11/2023 – Royal Gold had its price target raised by analysts at BMO Capital Markets from $134.00 to $135.00. They now have a “market perform” rating on the stock.
- 1/6/2023 – Royal Gold had its price target raised by analysts at Raymond James from $138.00 to $140.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 1/6/2023 – Royal Gold had its price target raised by analysts at TD Securities from $135.00 to $140.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 12/12/2022 – Royal Gold is now covered by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They set a “neutral” rating and a $120.00 price target on the stock.
- 12/1/2022 – Royal Gold was upgraded by analysts at StockNews.com from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
Royal Gold Stock Performance
NASDAQ RGLD traded up $2.71 on Wednesday, hitting $131.02. 195,927 shares of the stock were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 423,602. The company has a market capitalization of $8.60 billion, a PE ratio of 34.30, a P/E/G ratio of 3.41 and a beta of 0.62. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.16, a current ratio of 2.82 and a quick ratio of 2.61. The business’s fifty day moving average is $114.64 and its 200 day moving average is $103.55. Royal Gold, Inc. has a 52 week low of $84.54 and a 52 week high of $147.70.
Royal Gold (NASDAQ:RGLD – Get Rating) (TSE:RGL) last issued its earnings results on Wednesday, November 2nd. The basic materials company reported $0.71 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.72 by ($0.01). Royal Gold had a net margin of 41.19% and a return on equity of 8.84%. The firm had revenue of $131.43 million during the quarter. Research analysts anticipate that Royal Gold, Inc. will post 3.29 EPS for the current fiscal year.
Royal Gold Increases Dividend
Insider Buying and Selling
In other Royal Gold news, CFO Paul Libner sold 250 shares of Royal Gold stock in a transaction on Tuesday, January 3rd. The shares were sold at an average price of $115.00, for a total transaction of $28,750.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the chief financial officer now directly owns 14,265 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $1,640,475. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which is available at the SEC website. 0.38% of the stock is owned by insiders.
Hedge Funds Weigh In On Royal Gold
Institutional investors and hedge funds have recently made changes to their positions in the company. State Street Corp boosted its stake in Royal Gold by 66.2% in the 1st quarter. State Street Corp now owns 4,153,139 shares of the basic materials company’s stock valued at $588,192,000 after purchasing an additional 1,654,360 shares during the period. Millennium Management LLC grew its stake in shares of Royal Gold by 2,691.2% in the second quarter. Millennium Management LLC now owns 448,913 shares of the basic materials company’s stock valued at $47,935,000 after acquiring an additional 432,830 shares in the last quarter. Clearbridge Investments LLC bought a new position in Royal Gold during the first quarter worth about $56,762,000. Van ECK Associates Corp raised its stake in Royal Gold by 11.2% in the 2nd quarter. Van ECK Associates Corp now owns 3,970,568 shares of the basic materials company’s stock worth $423,978,000 after purchasing an additional 399,888 shares in the last quarter. Finally, Jupiter Asset Management Ltd. boosted its holdings in Royal Gold by 566.9% in the 3rd quarter. Jupiter Asset Management Ltd. now owns 451,081 shares of the basic materials company’s stock valued at $42,321,000 after purchasing an additional 383,444 shares during the period. Institutional investors and hedge funds own 78.13% of the company’s stock.
Royal Gold, Inc engages in the acquisition and management of precious metal streams, royalties, and similar interests. It operates through the following segments: Acquisition and Management of Stream Interests and Acquisition and Management of Royalty Interests. The Acquisition and Management of Stream Interests segment focuses on metal streams, which are purchase agreements that provide, in exchange for an upfront deposit payment, the right to purchase all or a portion of one or more metals produced, at a price determined for the life of the transaction.
- Get a free copy of the StockNews.com research report on Royal Gold (RGLD)
- Is The Bottom In For Cyber-Security Stocks?
- Union Pacific, Norfolk Southern Pull into Buying Zone
- Pliant Therapeutics Gaps 34% Higher: More Upside To Come?
- How Will Early 2023 Layoffs Affect These 5 Biotech Stocks?
- Is the Pain Over for Baudax Bio Investors after a 70% Spike?
Receive News & Ratings for Royal Gold Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Royal Gold Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.