Dero (DERO) traded up 9.3% against the US dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 9:00 AM Eastern on March 19th. One Dero coin can currently be purchased for $4.84 or 0.00017791 BTC on popular exchanges. Dero has a total market cap of $64.75 million and $143,057.82 worth of Dero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. During the last week, Dero has traded up 19.8% against the US dollar.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 1.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $27,196.76 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 4.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0744 or 0.00000273 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded down 3.5% against the dollar and now trades at $83.76 or 0.00307984 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $3.36 or 0.00012342 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded down 4.8% against the dollar and now trades at $21.06 or 0.00077428 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 1.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $156.48 or 0.00575375 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $134.79 or 0.00495624 BTC.
- DEI (DEI) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00000724 BTC.
- Conflux (CFX) traded 8.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.38 or 0.00001397 BTC.
- Pax Dollar (USDP) traded 0.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.99 or 0.00003657 BTC.
Dero (DERO) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. It launched on June 27th, 2018. Dero’s total supply is 18,400,000 coins and its circulating supply is 13,381,240 coins. The official website for Dero is dero.io. The Reddit community for Dero is https://reddit.com/r/deroproject and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Dero’s official message board is forum.dero.io. Dero’s official Twitter account is @deroproject and its Facebook page is accessible here.
Its implementation builds out a main chain from the DAG network of blocks, which refers to main blocks and side blocks. Side blocks contribute to chain proof-of-work security, making traditional 51% attacks impossible. In contrast to traditional blockchains, Dero considers the transaction as the smallest unit of computation, not the block. Therefore, blocks on Dero can contain duplicate or double-spend transactions, but these are filtered by the client protocol and ignored by the network.
Dero aims to manage combining the security and decentralization of a proof-of-work blockchain with the scalability and transaction speed of DAG technology. Dero’s goal is a blockchain network that can serve businesses and individuals worldwide and support secure, fast, and anonymous transactions and smart contract execution.”
Buying and Selling Dero
It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Dero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Dero should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Dero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Dero Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Dero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.